Some of the Deacon activities that are part of our caregiving mission.
1. Home or hospital visits/plant delivery to homebound, ill or incapacitated individuals.
2. Handling the church prayer chain.
3. Sending cards to express sympathy, get well wishes, thinking or you and birthday cards for those over 80 years old.
4. Help with memorial services and receptions.
5. Provide meals to individuals during special circumstances, such as after a hospitalization, a death, or a stressful time.
6. Provide a "baby rose" and a baby quilt for each baby born to or adopted by a church member.
7. Sponsor The Fellowship of James - a mission that provides physical help with small home repairs and maintenance for members who are physically unable to accomplish these tasks.
8. Coordinate rides for members to get to Sunday morning services and doctor appointments.
9. Coordinate the delivery of flowers from the sanctuary that have been designated to be shared with a homebound member.
10. The handling of "Care Notes".
11. Communion preparation, distribution and clean up.
12. The deliver of prayer shawls/blankets to those going through a stressful time.
13. Coordinate and assist Sunday School classes to make a small gift that the Deacons can deliver to care facility residents and those that are homebound.