St. Andrew is located in northern California, 45 miles north of Sacramento. With nearly 300 members and a budget of over $400,000, it is larger than the average Presbyterian Church in membership and finances and one of the large churches in Yuba City, California.
The Congregation is a community of faith and responsive to the needs of the local area. St. Andrew's members are committed to serving God and long to reach out to others and share their love of Jesus Christ. With prayer and optimism, the cogregation is looking to the future, ready and eager to take on the challenges of the 21st century.
Members of the congregation have participated in and, in several cases, led the founding of organizations such as:
- Hands of Hope (HOH) - Showers, laundry facilities, after-school tutoring, etc. for the homeless
- River Bottom Ministries - Feeding the homeless
- Young Life - Christian ministry for adolescents
- Regional Emergency Shelter Team (REST) - Winter shelter for the homeless
- Christian Assistance Network (CAN) - Food, gas, clothing, and rent
- Mexico Mission Trips for the youth - Building homes in Mexico
- Bridges to Housing - Assisting with finding affordable housing
- Casa De Esperanza - Support for victims of domestic violence
- Mother Hubbard's Cupboard - Feeding those in need
- Habitat for Humanity - Creating affordable housing